Follow us on Facebook for the latest updates, fun facts and recipes! @tomsberrypatch
CSA stands for Community Supported Agriculture. By buying a "share", you are supporting our business from the beginning of the season and that helps us keep costs down and plan for the year. We are happy to offer farm fresh berries for you along with some fun add-ons!
We know it is a commitment to become a CSA Member. We appreciate your decision to prioritize healthy, local, and seasonal foods, as well as farms and farmers practicing sustainable and responsible agriculture. We are very much committed to you too.
This CSA Agreement is intended to help us discuss the details and give you an opportunity for us to talk through any questions you might have about our CSA subscription and to ensure a good fit. It should also serve as a reminder that we encourage open communication.
1. I am buying a weekly portion of the farm’s harvest in advance via their online shop and completing the checkout process. Then I am entering into a relationship with Vance Family Farms aka Tom’s Berry Patch for the duration of the 2023 CSA season. I understand that my investment before the beginning of the season directly supports the farm in preparation for the 2023 season.
2. By purchasing a CSA Share for 2023, I agree to accept the risks and rewards inherent to farming. I understand that Vance Family Farms (and Tom’s Berry Patch) will work in good faith to produce the best possible crop using sustainable growing methods, but I also understand that crops may be damaged by natural forces beyond the farmer’s control, and that produce availability may be affected by such damage may be unrecoverable.
3. I understand it is my responsibility to pick up my share during one of the CSA distribution times each week from a pre-chosen day. If I am unable to pick up my share, I will ask a friend or neighbor to collect my share for me. I also understand that if I don’t come on my scheduled day my berries will not be as fresh. If my share is not picked up by the end of the following day it will need to be re-sold or discarded and I forfeit the share for that week.
4. I understand that the farm workers do their absolute best to pick the “perfect” produce to put in the boxes and try not to include any items that are ” bad” however they are human and may make mistakes or overlook things. If there is anything that is questionable I will be given the opportunity to make it right by providing me with another available item at no cost to me.
5. I understand that the e-newsletter is the farm’s primary vehicle for communicating with customers and CSA Members, and I agree to stay abreast of farm news by reading the newsletter and other communications that come my way. The CSA specific emails will include details about my share and schedule for the coming weeks.
We want you to be incredibly happy with your decision to join our CSA and be a part of this farm community.
A. In return we, the farmers, promise to do our best to provide a full share every week of the growing season, using thoughtful and comprehensive land stewardship and growing practices. We want to provide you with delicious, healthy, and abundant berries. If at any time you are not completely satisfied, please reach out to us at any time to get the issue resolved.
B. Products that will be included in a traditional share. We grow blueberries, blackberries, marionberries and strawberries ongoingly. While we may offer other products from time to time, they will come from other farms and are considered an “add-on” item to your weekly share. The specific varieties we grow are: Berkeley, Blue Crop, Legacy, Kotada, Marionberry, Black Diamonds, Hoods, Albion, and Puget Crimson.
C. We don’t require you to work for us! Some CSAs require you to work in the field as part of your membership; however we have never required that and don’t plan to either. If you are looking for a job, you can inquire about becoming a team member.
D. You will receive your share in a cardboard box and pint baskets, we ask that you help us by recycling this box in your home recycling or if it is in good condition we can reuse it the following week if you return it when you pick up your next share. The green pint baskets are compostable or recyclable.
E. We plan to have all berries picked by 11am, however you are welcome to arrive early if you need to and see if it is ready. At that time you are also welcome to visit our “store” offerings, ask questions or get a short tour as time allows. If you are picking up from Miget’s Island Grill, they do not open until 12pm and have varying hours they stay open. So be aware of that when you chose that as your pickup your location.
F. Generally there are no weather cancellations, but if something does happen, we will notify you by email and/or text ASAP to reschedule your pickup day or location.
Thank you so much for your support towards a successful growing season and a successful farm! We look forward to seeing you this summer!
Get the latest updates about what's happening at the berry patch by signing up for our weekly emails.